Throughout October, Employers Resource is celebrating 30 years in business. Every day this month we’re sharing one of the books that lifted up, encouraged, or inspired the leaders of Employers Resource. On top of that, we’re hosting a giveaway! We want to know what books have lifted up, encouraged, or inspired you along your personal journey as well. To enter, go this page, tell us one of your favorite books and you could win a Kindle Fire. Yup, that’s it!
Today I want to share the top 5 books of a young successful CEO, Jessica Mah.
Mah has been referred to as “a female Mark Zuckerberg” for her success at such a young age. But she’s seen her fair share of struggles too. One year after launching inDinero, she realized there were holes in her plan. Yet, she was able to turn that situation around into a thriving company once again. One of the things that got her through those trials is books. Last year alone, she devoured 100 books and plans to up that number to 150 this year (Inc.).
These are the books she recommends for entrepreneurs:
- The Outsiders: Eight Unconventional CEOs and Their Radically Rational Blueprint for Success by William Thorndike
- Bargaining for Advantage: Negotiation Strategies for Reasonable People by G. Richard Shell
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter Drucker
- Reinventing Organizations by Frederick Laloux
- Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in Business by Danny Meyer
- 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss (Mah says this read was critical to the turnaround of her company inDinero.)
- The Ball Jar by Sylvia Plath (A fiction story.)
It seems that there’s a common trait to most leaders and entrepreneurs, they all read! And we couldn’t agree more. Whether you read fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, or biographies, reading is beneficial in many aspects of life. From business, relationships, leadership, creativity… I could go on forever. Reading is essential to growth and success.
Enter our Nerdy Thirty Giveaway by clicking the box below and never stop reading!