Job Title:Staff Accountant – Boise, ID
Date Posted:June 6, 2018
Hours:Full-time, 40 hours per week
Why We Do What We Do
Small business accounts for 99% of all American businesses. These entrepreneurs need assistance in navigating all aspects of business administration – from legal compliance to payroll to safety compliance to benefits. We have a passion for business entrepreneurs.
At Employers Resource we never forget that at the end of every payroll cycle are real people with real needs. Our clients and their employees deserve an accurate paycheck, on time. No excuses. For 32 years and through our administrative partnership with our clients, we help business owners to live the American Dream.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying the principles of accounting to cash transactions, federal, state and local payroll taxes and general ledger posting-reconciliation functions. You will work as a member of a team to ensure a high standard of accounting practices and methods are maintained.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform monthly general ledger closing procedures in multi-company environment including analytical review, inter-company accounts, fixed asset, and benefit subsystem reconciliation, and regular and adjusting journal entries.
- Benefit Reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable Reconciliations.
- Post and prepare daily/monthly Cash Receipts Reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly, local, state, and federal P/R tax reports.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking team environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are vital.
- Strong debit and credit and payroll tax accounting knowledge.
- Outstanding general computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a must.
- Experience in SAGE is a plus.
- Requires 5 years combined progressive work experience and/or education.
- A proven track record in a complex accounting environment.
At Employers Resource, we proudly live by these core values:
Do the Right Thing
Have an Attitude of Gratitude
A Commitment to Long-Term Relationships
Check us our at: www.employersresource.com
If you believe you are qualified and are interested, please send a cover letter stating why you would like to help our clients live the dream, what you believe your strengths are and your salary expectations along with a resume.
Compensation package includes health and dental insurance. Salary level is based on experience. Drug-free and non-smoking workplace. US work eligibility is required.