Job Title:Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist – Boise, ID
Date Posted:June 6, 2018
Hours:Full-time, 40 hours per week
Why We Do What We Do
Employers Resource, a nationally recognized PEO, is seeking a Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist for our corporate office in Boise. Founded in 1985, we are an experienced human resources outsourcing company. Employers Resource is an exciting company offering excellent pay and top-notch benefits. We have been repeatedly recognized within the PEO industry for our growth, innovation, and integrity.
At Employers Resource we never forget that at the end of every payroll cycle are real people with real needs. Our clients and their employees deserve an accurate paycheck, on time. No excuses. For 32 years and through our administrative partnership with our clients, we help business owners to live the American Dream.
The Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist is responsible for meeting critical deadlines required by government agencies by preparing all Federal, State and local employment tax deposits and returns as required by various Federal and State laws. This employee will also be responsible for researching multiple tax inquiries and notices from tax agencies and auditors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures submission of timely, accurate tax deposits and reports.
- Interacts with various Federal, State and local taxing agencies regarding compliance with regulatory guidelines as well as resolving related issues.
- Prepares daily Federal, State and local tax deposits including processing reports, preparing check requests and tax coupons, coding check requests for the general ledger, filing paperwork and ensuring any deposits are mailed or submitted electronically in a timely manner and performing electronic payment submissions.
- Ensures accurate payment and general ledger coding of all check or ACH payments for State unemployment taxes.
- Prepares all returns for state income tax, state unemployment tax, and various local taxes. Assists in all year-end processing and reporting, including W-2’s and W-2C’s.
- Verifies that tax reports and payments from Master Tax program reconcile.
- Files amended returns as needed to correct state income and unemployment taxes.
- Provides information or explanations requested by auditors.
- Strong knowledge of Payroll.
- Principles, practices, and methods of general accounting including methods and techniques used in payroll tax accounting; payroll tax laws applicable to the various Federal, State and local taxing authorities; methods and techniques used in researching various State and local payroll tax laws; the regulatory requirements of various state and local payroll tax laws; and methods and techniques used in general ledger applications as they relate to payroll taxes.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under narrow time limitations and strict reporting deadlines; plan, organize and complete assigned work in a timely manner; handle high volume transactions; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Effective client service skills with professional verbal and written communication abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Three plus years of experience in multi-state payroll tax filing.
- Master Tax and Advanced Excel Skills are required.
At Employers Resource, we proudly live by these core values:
Do the Right Thing
Have an Attitude of Gratitude
A Commitment to Long-Term Relationships
Check us our at: www.employersresource.com
If you believe you are qualified and are interested, please send a cover letter stating why you would like to help our clients live the dream, what you believe your strengths are and your salary expectations along with a resume.
Compensation package includes health and dental insurance. Salary level is based on experience. Drug-free and non-smoking workplace. US work eligibility is required.