Job Title:Application Developer – Boise, ID
Date Posted:July 19, 2019
Reports To:IT Manager
Hours:Full-time, 40 hours per week
Employers Resource, a nationally recognized PEO, is seeking an Application Developer to join or growing team. Founded in 1985, we provide administrative personnel functions to a wide variety of clients in construction, industrial, medical, professional and clerical fields. We have a fast paced and energetic environment and are looking for an experienced developer to help build our new HRIS system for our national client base. Areas of application include medical benefits enrollment, electronic onboarding of employees, time and attendance, recruiting, staffing, compensation, employee relations, and HR compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
Make architecture decisions that contribute to maintainable systems.
Consult with several divisions within our organization, analyzing the needs to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Leadership skills are a must as supervision of other computer programmers may be required at times.
- Full-Stack Developer
- Extensive experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Strong working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Relevant experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability and willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Extensive Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Proficient with Linux Operating System
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Health Benefits, Payroll, and Human Resource regulations and practices a plus
- Ability to consistently produce clean, efficient code based on business specifications
- Ability to integrate software components and third-party programs to meet specifications
- Reliability and proficiency in verifying and deploying programs and systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Excellent communication skills needed to gather and evaluate user feedback
- Collaborative mindset and willingness to recommend and execute improvements
- Commitment to optimization and accountability evident in creating technical documentation for reference and reporting
- At least 3 years’ experience as a successful Application Developer, Software Engineer, or similar role
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred
At Employers Resource, we proudly live by these core values:
Do the Right Thing
Have an Attitude of Gratitude
A Commitment to Long-Term Relationships
Check us our at: www.employersresource.com
Work in a fast paced environment that offers great benefits, including health/dental/vision insurances, matching 401k, and employee assistance program. Salary is based on experience. Drug-free and non-smoking workplace. US work eligibility is required.
If you have a passion for helping people, put heart into your service, and love learning then we want you to be a part of our dynamic team.